Meditation Teacher Training
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE INFO
Arrive: 7:00pm — Saturday April 22
Please plan to arrive by 7:00pm (or earlier if you need to set up camp) on Saturday, in time for dinner at 7:30pm.
If you’d like to spend a leisurely afternoon settling in before the retreat begins, you are welcome to arrive from 3pm onwards.
Depart: Approximately 11:00am, Saturday April 29.
Please plan to stay until the conclusion of the retreat.
The retreat will be held at the Casa Pallotti retreat centre at:
85 McNamaras Rd, Wesburn VIC 3799
This map shows the route between the turn off from Millgrove to Casa Pallotti itself.
From Melbourne, you will need to navigate your way onto the Warburton Highway (B380) as though you were heading to Warburton.
About 3km before Warburton you will drive through Millgrove. As you leave the small township you will notice the CFA building on your right.
Take the next left (Dee Rd) and follow it along beside the Yarra River.
You’ll need to follow the road around to the right and across the River (one lane wooden bridge) and then continue up a slight rise until you find McNamaras Rd, where you’ll turn left.
You’ll go up and down a few hills (along a dirt road) before reaching the entrance to Casa Pallotti, which you’ll find on your left.
If you find yourself at Pallotti College, a large orange-brick complex at the top of the hill, you will have gone too far. Turn around, go back down the hill about 500 metres and turn right into Casa Pallotti.
Payment in full is required by Friday April 7 (and preferably asap).
Account Name: Melbourne Meditation Centre
BSB Number: 013427
Account Number: 495753556
Private Room: $2200
Shared Room: $1750
Prices include tuition, food and accommodation.
You can also pay by credit card, using the links below.
Note that credit card payments attract a 2% surcharge.
Accommodation at Casa Pallotti is in simple dorm-style rooms with shared toilet and shower facilities.The venue is smoke and alcohol free.
Three vegetarian meals are provided each day. Breakfast and lunch are substantial meals, with a lighter evening meal. We cater for vegans and those requiring non-dairy wheat/gluten-free options etc.
If you haven’t already, please email through what you can and can’t eat, including any allergies or preferences you may have. Please be as detailed as possible and omit nothing, even if it’s just a preference for multigrain over wholemeal bread or for a certain type of milk. This allows our caterers to adequately prepare.
WHAT TO BRING
See below for a full checklist of items to bring.
Most importantly, please remember to pack:
- All your bedding, including sheets, pillows and blankets.
The rooms are heated, however, it’s best to be well prepared, as it can get cold overnight at any time of the year.
- Pen and paper (or some other device) for notetaking / journaling.
- A meditation cushion or stool, zafu and yoga mat along with a blanket or shawl for use in the meditation hall. Please note that there are chairs (and some couches) available, so you don’t have to sit on the floor, however, you may like to bring along the above items in any case — so that you can sit or lie comfortably should you choose to.
FULL LIST OF THINGS TO BRING
- All bedding: i.e. pillows, sheets, (single) blankets, doona or sleeping bag
- For those camping: tent and associated camping equipment
- Meditation journal and pen(s)
- Laptop / notepads for note taking
- Shawl or blanket for use in the meditation hall
- Meditation cushion / stool / zabuton
- Yoga mat, props and bolster for yoga sessions or if you would like to lie down in the meditation hall
- Ear plugs
- Warm clothes and jacket (it can get cold at anytime of year)
- Towel, soap etc.
- Walking/outdoor shoes
- Umbrella and/or rain jacket
- Sunscreen and hat
- Torch and extra batteries
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
What is not provided
Meditation cushions, yoga mats, yoga blankets or props, blankets for warmth in the meditation hall.
If you’d like to get started with some of the coursework required for certification, please refer to the pre-course information.
If you are unable to attend the retreat please inform us as early as possible, so that someone else may take your place.
Your payment will be refunded
minus an administration charge of $250.
Cancellations require a minimum of fourteen days notice.
No refunds, transfers or credit notes will be issued for withdrawals when less than fourteen days notice is given.