Cultivating Self-Compassion Workshop
Self-compassion is the act of being a good friend to yourself. It’s common for people to give themselves a hard time, particularly during times of stress or difficulty. The practice of self-compassion can help you develop healthier ways of relating to self-critical thoughts and uncomfortable emotions and can support you in moving through life’s challenges with greater ease.
During the workshop you will learn:
- how to use meditation to help settle an overactive mind and body
- how to attend to the sore areas of your life with helpful attitudes such as friendliness, curiosity, understanding and kindness
- how to reframe and befriend your inner critical voice
- approaches to support you in managing uncomfortable emotions
- how to soften around any unhelpful stories you tell about yourself and your life
- a wide variety of meditations and exercises to help build resilience, develop self-awareness and improve relationships.
Our next Cultivating Self-Compassion Workshop is scheduled for:
Saturday August 8
10:00 — 4:00pm
in Clifton Hill.
$150 / $135
…This taught me the fundamentals of meditation and gave me many tools to choose from. Most importantly it taught me that meditation is not a competition and you don’t have to try to win or shut your mind off. Beth taught me to be kinder to myself and just allow my mind to just do what it wanted. From here I was able to relax and enjoy the benefits of a meditative state. I and the closest people around me are certain that this has improved my quality of life.