Learn to Meditate.
Get all the insights from our popular Meditation & Mindfulness for Beginners Course via our self-paced online training.
Discover how easy and enjoyable meditation can be when you have clear, simple instructions and techniques custom-made for busy people with busy lives.
Who is this course for?
Hi! My name’s Matt Young. I’m the founder and director of the Melbourne Meditation Centre.
I have a reputation for teaching meditation in a unique, accessible style that makes meditation easy and enjoyable — for everyone.
I developed this online version of my popular Meditation & Mindfulness for Beginners Course, because people living interstate and overseas wanted to participate but couldn’t find the time or money to travel all the way to Melbourne.
This course is for you, if:
- you are new to meditation and want an easy way to learn.
- you’ve been trying to meditate on your own without success
- you already meditate but want to go deeper.
- you’ve been using an app, but don’t really know quite what you’re doing — and feel the guidance of a teacher would be helpful.
- you want a natural approach — you don’t want to have to rely on binaural beats, subliminal suggestion or other technology to manipulate your brainwaves.
- you want to actually learn to meditate for yourself, rather than just follow along to someone else’s guidance.
- you want crystal clear instructions rather than vague or esoteric promises.
Why choose this course?
You know that meditation is good for you. You’ve seen the research and understand the benefits, but:
- you don’t know where to start
- you dont’ have the time (or discipline)
- you can’t sit cross-legged
- you get restless, agitated or scared when you close your eyes or have to sit still
- you can’t switch off your mind
- you’ve tried it before and found it boring (or fell asleep, or didn’t ‘get’ it, or couldn’t work out what you were meant to be doing, or just found that nothing much happened)
- you already meditate but wish you could go deeper
This course presents meditation in a simple, practical manner. You’ll have access to an experienced teacher and you’ll be introduced to techniques that work in busy contemporary lives. You won’t have to sit cross-legged. You won’t have to empty your mind. And you won’t have to meditate for hours a day.
You’ll be introduced to a wide variety of techniques and we’ll offer you clear explanations every step of the way, so that you understand exactly what you are doing and why.
The course is divided into six lessons. Each lesson includes several guided meditations which you can listen to or download. You’ll be introduced to spot meditations which you can use to destress wherever you are, as well as formal practices designed for deeper relaxation, better health and self awareness.
- simple, clear, step-by-step instructions
- the background information necessary to develop a clear understanding of what meditation is as well as how and why it works
- a wide range of guided meditations that you can listen to and download
- extensive written material to help you verify your experience and answer questions
- teacher support from Matt Young, Director of the Melbourne Meditation Centre
- simple methods to settle your mind into a natural state of ease and contentment.
- mindfulness exercises to help you to remain calm and balanced throughout the day
- strategies for letting go of physical and mental tension.
- tips on how to easily overcome the common difficulties meditators experience
- opportunities to reflect on your progress and learn from your own experiences
Available to you online 24/7, this course can be done anytime and anywhere that is convenient for you.
The course is comprised of six lessons, each of which will probably take you about 90 minutes to complete, and provides a comprehensive introduction to meditation.
“Thank you again. I had somewhat of an epiphany this week when I was able to control my tension and anxiety in a high-level work meeting through a spot meditation. What an incredible thing I’ve learned through your course! Everyone should take these lessons, they are truly life changing.”
— Heidi Q.
“I gained so much from this course. I thought I had a fair grasp of meditation and what it was but I was happily proven wrong. The level of information that is put together here is priceless. I have a very different understanding about meditation now and its enhanced my self-practice greatly.”
— Edward C.
“I have found the course so far very practical. I like the way the lessons have built on each other starting from the basics and leading on into more layers of understanding. Everything is presented clearly and simply in a way that kind of demystifys meditation without reducing its impact or importance.”
— David T.
“WOW, what can I say! I can’t believe how much I learned already in that online session! Yes, I am one of those people who thought I was doing it wrong, that my mind was to be blank etc. — so all of the theory was very useful and helpful! And I was very surprised that I did feel relaxed and peaceful (and I still do).”
— Caroline P.
“Since I finished your online meditation course, I have made a big progress in my practice. Meditation penetrated all sides of my life and I really like it. The online course helped me a lot. There are not similar meditation centres for public in the Czech Republic, so the books or online courses are the only opportunity, how to study and learn meditation in my country.”
— Hana P.
“I am getting so much more than whatever I ever expected from this course. It has given me such a deep understanding of allowance and the permission to take yourself to a place you wouldn’t dream of before.”
— Natalie R.