Meditation Teacher TrainingLearn to teach meditation and mindfulness
- Gain the confidence and experience necessary to guide and teach.
- Write and record your own guided meditation scripts.
- Understand what techniques to teach and in what order.
- Work through real-life case studies and scenarios.
- Learn how to set up and market your own classes.
- Enjoy the company of like-minded and supportive peers.
- Learn how to make meditation accessible and enjoyable.
- Deepen and develop your personal practice in surprising ways.
A friend recently asked me to review some meditations that she had created and it was during that process I truly realised how much I had learnt and how valuable the guidance and resources you provide was for me.
Thank you very much! Elizabeth D
Expect a down-to-earth, non-religious approach in which you are introduced to a diverse range of approaches, including techniques that can be integrated into a busy contemporary life. The course is practical and experiential, fully accredited and focuses on teaching you how to present meditation and mindfulness in a gentle, user-friendly style that will appeal to a wide range of audiences.
Instead of presenting you with a ‘right’ way to teach, you will be supported and encouraged to develop your own way of teaching, based on sound principles and several decades of experience.
You’ll also have lifetime access to an amazing collection of online resources, including articles, podcasts and videos from a variety of interesting teachers, many of which you may not be familiar with. You’ll get to explore meditation from surprising, innovative and unique angles and be exposed to ideas that you’re unlikely to find anywhere else.
You will also have the opportunity to connect with a vibrant community of peers interested in learning from one another and exploring together.
January 28, 2019
- January 28, February 4, 11, 18, 25, & March 4
- 6 week break
- April 29, May 6, 13, 20, 27 & June 3.
At our Clifton Hill venue.
Registrations not yet open.
4 Sundays from
- Dates to be confirmed (by
mid October, 2018)
at the Australian Yoga Academy, Prahran.
Registrations not yet open.
The Meditation Teacher Training course is open to anyone with an interest in guiding or teaching meditation. There are two prerequisites:
1. You must have completed, or be participating concurrently, in one of our six-week Meditation & Mindfulness for Beginners Courses.*
2. Ideally, you will have two or more years meditation experience.
* If you live outside Melbourne, or do not require certification, you may elect to complete the Meditation & Mindfulness For Beginners Course online. However, you will be required to participate in a Retreat or Mini-Retreat in order to satisfy the minimum requirements for accreditation with the Meditation Association of Australia.
12 x 90-minute OR 4 x 5-hour sessions.
$1250 / $1000 concession.
Industry Standard Qualification
Comprehensive course notes provided
Lifetime access to online resources
Practical & Experiential
Teach in your own style
No multi-year time commitments
Who is the course suitable for?
- how to present meditation in easily digestible and understandable terms
- how to lead/guide a meditation skillfully
- how to establish an appropriate setting for a meditation class
- common misconceptions and difficulties and how to overcome them
- how to answer challenging questions
- the role(s) of a meditation teacher
- your ethical responsibilities as a meditation teacher
- how to explain meditation to potential clients or organisations
- brochure design and advertising considerations
- starting and running a small business in the alternative health industry
The course is broken down into six, two-week modules:
- Teaching Methodologies
- Guiding Meditation Skillfully
- Understanding What to Teach: Meditation Types & Processes
- Talking about Meditation: Communicating with Students
- Physiology, Psychology and Neuroscience of Meditation
- Business Essentials, Ethics, Course Preparation, Outlines and Plans
The course itself includes practical work, case studies, opportunities to guide the glass, group and assignment work. Also, each course is unique in that it is tailored, to the degree possible, to the needs and interests of the participants.
Course Requirements & Certification
Level 1 (Basic) Accreditation
By successfully completing our Meditation Teacher Training course, in conjunction with our Meditation & Mindfulness for Beginners Course, you graduate with Level 1 Accreditation and receive a Certificate of Completion. This certificate satisfies the requirements of insurance providers and potential employers. Minimum Contact Hours: 18* | Total Hours: 60
Level 2 (Meditation Australia) Accreditation
Level 2 Accreditation requires completion of an additional 20 hours of training. These extra hours can be completed at home in your own time, though we recommend that you complete an additional 6 to 12 contact hours where possible.
Students completing these additional hours can then apply for Provisional Membership with Meditation Australia.
Most students find it possible to complete the requirements for Level 2 Accreditation over the duration of our 12-week Meditation Teacher Training Course. Contact Hours 27 – 40 | Total Hours: 80
- To meet the minimum contact hours for Level 1 Accreditation you need to attend all 4 OR 12 teacher training sessions.
- To meet the minimum contact hours for Level 2 Accreditation you need to attend all six sessions of a Meditation & Mindfulness for Beginners Course AND all 4 OR 12 sessions of a Meditation Teacher Training Course.
- If you miss any of the required sessions you can make them up by attending workshops, mini-retreats or full retreats.
Course Registration & Payment
Payment in full is required before the commencement of the course.
You may pay in installments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Meditation Teacher Training course accredited?
Successful completion of the course provides you with Industry Standard qualifications and a streamlined application process to become a Registered Meditation Teacher through Meditation Australia.