Meditation & Mindfulness Courses for Beginners6-week courses in suburbs across Melbourne and Geelong.
Our six-week course is a great place to begin if you are new to meditation and mindfulness, or looking to refine and develop your skills.
If you have a busy mind (and life), lack discipline and can’t sit still, that’s no problem. Our approach is user-friendly, realistic and practical.
If you’re anxious, stressed, overtired, overwhelmed, or tend to overthink, the course will help you to better manage even your most troubling thoughts and emotions. You’ll learn how to:
- relax your body
- calm your mind and improve your focus
- rest deeply and fall asleep
- manage pain and maintain good health
- think clearly and creatively.
If weekly classes don’t suit your schedule, or you’d like to try us out before committing to a course, come along to one of our Sunday afternoon workshops.
Where are the courses run?
Courses normally run at the locations below. However, due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic all classes will be conducted online (via Zoom, or a similar video-conferencing platform) until further notice.
|Glen Waverley||Sundays||7:00 - 8:30pm|
|Geelong||Mondays*||7:30 - 9:00pm|
|Clifton Hill||Mondays||6:30 - 8:00pm|
|Templestowe Lower||Tuesdays||7:15 - 8:45pm|
|St Kilda||Wednesdays||7:30 - 9:00pm|
|Melbourne CBD||Thursdays||5:30 - 7:00pm|
|Camberwell||Thursdays||8:00 - 9:00pm|
* Classes in Geelong sometimes run on other days.
Where are the courses run?
Classes run in:
- Glen Waverley: Sundays, 7:00 – 8:30pm
- Geelong: Mondays, 7:30 – 9:00pm
- Clifton Hill: Mondays, 6:30 – 8:00pm
- Templestowe Lower: Tuesdays, 7:00 – 8:30pm
- St Kilda: Wednesdays, 7:30 – 9:00pm
- Melbourne CBD: Thursdays, 5:30 – 7:00pm
- Camberwell: Thursdays, 8:00 – 9:30pm
When does the next course begin?
Courses run continually throughout the year.
Check the course schedule for start dates, times and locations.
How much do courses cost?
$235 / $200 Concession
How do I enrol?
Enrol online via the schedule or registration pages.
Choose to pay via direct debit, credit card or cheque / money order.
Thanks for a great and far less confronting introduction to meditation than I had originally imagined.
The course was really well taught, and our teacher always had great insights, support and advice.
It really was a great experience, so thanks again!
I really enjoyed the sessions and the way you conducted them.
Perfect time of the day to go home feeling exceptionally refreshed and human.
6 x 90-minute sessions.
Attend classes at any venue.
Receive weekly summary emails.
Access comprehensive notes.
Download guided meditations.
Miss a class? Join in next term.
Repeat courses at the concession rate.
What an incredible thing I’ve learned through your course!
What happens on course?
You won’t be required to sit still or stop thinking, but you will learn how to relax your body and calm your mind. You’ll also be able to deal better with worry and anxiety, sleep better and generally enjoy life more.
A range of meditation and mindfulness techniques are taught so that you find the approaches which work best for you.
Each lesson includes a short discussion explaining an aspect of meditation or mindfulness, gentle loosening and stretching exercises, expert guidance through the meditations and opportunities to ask questions.
What will you learn on course?
- what meditation is, how it works and how to do it.
- ‘spot’ meditations which you can use to help de-stress / restore clarity and calm
- sensory awareness exercises for managing worries / helping to stay present
- mindful movement, breath and body awareness practices for triggering immediate relaxation
- how to access profound relaxation via meditations on the body, breath, sounds, movement, touch, repeated phrases and simple visualisations
- unique practices for better managing thoughts and emotions
- meditations for working with pain and anxiety, and for falling and staying asleep.
What if I’m not a beginner?
Nonetheless, you don’t have to be a beginner to benefit from the Beginner Course.
Students with decades of experience often leave with a new-found appreciation for meditation and mindfulness, having developed a greater understanding of the underlying principles, having been exposed to a range of new techniques and approaches, and having developed more nuanced ideas of how their minds work.
If you’ve previously completed meditation retreats, but have found the techniques difficult to sustain in ‘real life’, or if you’ve had a long history of meditation practice in more formal settings and traditions, our Beginners Course offers approaches to meditation that you may find more suited to the demands of contemporary living.
The Beginners Course is an essential prerequisite for anyone considering going on to do our Meditation Teacher Training Course.
Simple & Practical
Meditations you can do anywhere. Meditations you can do anytime. Instructions in plain English.
No need to stop thinking. No uncomfotable postures. No impossible-to-do techniques.
Informed by science and psychology. Taught by experienced teachers. Non-religious.