Mindful Mini-RetreatsUnwind, reflect and explore meditation in depth.
The mini-retreat is also suitable for those new to meditation, (but looking for a gentle, organic and thought-and-emotion-friendly approach) and those experienced meditators who are looking to explore, critique and fine-tune their meditation practice. In this respect, the workshop is an ideal ‘refresher’ and a great way to reclaim your enthusiasm for and interest in meditation.
Our next Mini-Retreats are scheduled for:
- Sunday, June 24 from 10am — 4pm in St Kilda.
- Sunday, September 16 from 10am — 4pm in St Kilda.
- Sunday, November 25 from 10am — 4pm in Clifton Hill.
Fee: $150 / $130
What if I’m a beginner?
What can I expect?
The day is relaxed and informal. It includes periods of silent meditation followed by reflection time and discussion.
The meditations themselves are not guided (though brief suggestions or themes are provided prior to each) and range in length from 20 to 40 minutes.
Following each meditation participants are invited to spend a few minutes journaling about their sit, and then to share their experiences (though this isn’t compulsory).
This process is designed to help you develop greater awareness during meditation so that you can learn how to relate with greater skill to your own thoughts, emotions and feelings.
What's covered at the Mini-Retreat?
- the capacity to learn from your own experiences during meditation
- greater trust in the validity of your own experiences
- the ability to make useful distinctions
- the ability to exercise your own intelligence and discernment in order to evaluate the value of different approaches to meditation
- the capacity to tolerate a wide range of emotions and experiences
- an open, receptive quality of mind
- gentle ways of relating to your thoughts, emotions and feelings
- the capacity to question your own assumptions and preconceptions about meditation
As such you will not be introduced to any new meditation techniques but will be invited to meditate in any way(s) you choose. More specific instructions will be provided for anyone completely new to meditation.